A Day Photographing Shenandoah National Park from the Car...

Not so long ago, my husband and myself were both quite the adventure seekers.  We would spend weeks camping under the stars, hike 9 mile trails,  live on nothing but trail mix and hot dogs.  Those days are long gone however, due to this adorable little boy right here...
Family portrait
Now we find ourselves, more often than not, being relegated to the vehicle, short over-night trips, and places that are easily walk-able with our baby backpack.  Seriously... you would laugh if you saw us, whenever we go for a short hike, we've got the dog, the baby, the baby backpack, and momma is lugging all of her camera equipment everywhere.  I jokingly call it our very own little traveling circus.  It's a miracle we get out at all!  Luckily, there are still an incredible number of places to go and photograph while I'm impatiently waiting for him to be old enough for 9 mile hikes.

This week, our planned camping trip became a one day picnic as a result of constantly rescheduled interviews.  I still had a great photography field trip despite the time crunch.  My husband, son, and golden retriever all waited patiently for me in the pleasantly warm and heated car while I froze my butt off trying to capture every facet of a mountain sunset.  It was a hazy day so these certainly won't be portfolio pics but it was a beautiful mountain sunset none the less. 


Shenandoah National Park

Shenandoah National Park

Shenandoah National Park

Shenandoah National Park

Shenandoah National Park

Shenandoah National Park


Comments

Popular Posts